One of our most important jobs here at Simple Things is helping to match people to chairs. We do it everyday. We understand this stuff. We live it, breathe it. After 17 years of helping people find the right chair frame, fabric and cushions, we know a good chair when we see one. Plain and simple.
We LOVE a good chair. A good chair can make a a room better. It can comfort you. It is a refuge. It can make a long day shorter. This is important stuff we’re talking about. However, finding a good chair is one of those tasks in life that can seem downright daunting. But that’s not what we are talking about today. No, we are talking about finding the perfect chair, the best chair. Yikes, scary, huh? Well, it’s easier than you might imagine.
When you step into our store and you tell us that you are looking for a comfortable chair – and who isn’t? – this is our first stop, and pretty frequently it’s the last stop.
Enter Lee Industries.
Lee Industries nailed this technology decades ago. This is one of their chairs. It is a frame that our showroom is never without. This is a great chair. Some might say perfect.
Why so great? Well, glad you asked – though you might not be, because now you have to sit through some bullet points.
1. It has classic good looks. George Clooney handsome. Never out of style AND it plays well with other furniture styles. Beat that.
2. The back pitch is perfect – for reading, napping, tv watching, or staring into the abyss.
3. Inside width can accommodate anyone – a child, a big dog, a pizza box. Or more practically – a full size person curled up to read the paper.
4. It can be slipcovered, but it also looks great upholstered. Our favorite? We like a short slipcover. It’s the best of both worlds – not too shabby, still has its classic lines exposed, and it’s easily cleanable.
5. Drop dead comfortable, but still supportive. This is the go-to chair for coffee, wine, tears, and hour-long texts.
6. American made – we love that.
Hand tied springs. Oak frame. And pretty darn sophisticated cushioning. All this made by the brilliant Lee Industries. They got this down.
Trust us. Get a pair and call it a day.