Deal of the Week
Well, have we got something great this week. But, take heed, you deal-of-the-week readers that don’t read carefully to the end. There is an important caveat at the end of this eloquently written post.
This week – dining chairs. Leather dining chairs – 10 of them. We are selling them in pairs – so buy one pair, two pair, three pair, etc. Got it? Now for the details, and there is some fantastic detailing here – legs and frame are fully wrapped in aged cognac leather, antiqued brass rivets, and a slightly pitched back that gives the chair a nice line. Its a great looking chair. And now for the kicker – the comfort….. in the words of the great William Shakespeare, “Aye, there’s the rub.” *
The comfort level of this chair on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the greatest, is in the vicinity of a strong 1 – or at least almost 1. Did you get that? 1 = not so good.
This is the perfect chair in these following circumstances:
- for a unused dining area in a bachelor pad
- to tuck in a corner for the sake of it’s exceptional beauty
- to use as rarely used, yet handsome side chairs
- to offer to an unwelcome guest
- as a chair for a person who believes strongly in the philosophy of “form over function”
- as a time-out chair for an unruly child
- for someone who likes the prickly sensation of one’s legs falling asleep from a highly un-ergonomic chair.
Bottom line : This is an uncomfortable chair.
original price – $399 per pair sale price – $199 per pair
Sold in pairs only!!
* A reference to the famous “to be or not to be” speech from Hamlet, and a shameless attempt to impress our favorite british lit prof.
The rules! :
1. First paying customer gets it. By phone or in person ( 817-332-1772. Call. It’s best to call.)
2. No holds. None. We just can’t.
3. No returns. We never want to see this thing again. ever.